JellyPages.com

Followers

Wednesday 6 May 2015

One Layer Cards at Crafting By Designs

I am delighted to be involved with this challenge blog! I have been with Crafting By Designs for well over a year now and continue to be challenged and inspired. This week is no exception. The theme is 'One Layer Cards' and this is something very alien to me! I like my layers and some embellishing and a bit of glitter etc so I knew this would be tricky. We have a fabulous sponsor though - Rosey Hearts.
I started out with my image - The Creeps Bunz Outline - and placed him on a 6x6 new panel on Photoshop. I found a sentiment I like from Create with TLC and placed that too beside him on the panel and when I was happy I played around with the settings on both photoshop and my printer setup with lots of blank paper till I worked out exactly how to print it directly onto a 6x6 card blank. So, about 40 minutes after I started I had a card to colour! I am sure there are easier ways, but now that I know it, I will know for next time.
I coloured him with Promarkers and a black Derwent Coloursoft pencil. My only issue being that I did not use the same card for my blank as I usually do for colouring so the paper and pens did not react the same way - something I will need to keep in mind. All in all though, I am very happy with my One Layer, CAS card.

Rosey Hearts Are Offering 50% OFF ALL digis in the etsy store till June 1st! Use code - ANEWDAY

Thanks for looking!
Mo xxx

4 comments:

  1. Super card Mo...love the image and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Mo...love the image and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your recent stuff is fab! Just catching up now.

    ReplyDelete