JellyPages.com

Followers

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Cheer Up Goth - it's Christmas! :p

Another day closer!! Here's hoping I'm ready - more wrapping done last night and still more to do... plenty time though! hahaha
Anyway, the card I am sharing today uses an image from Ike's Art called 'Vaguely Goth' - if you're a regular here you'll know I've used her before - but today this is for my first entry in Ike's new challenge blog! I say new challenge blog, this is her 7th challenge and I feel really rubbish for not having entered before now, better late than never though!
The theme is 'Christmas is coming' and you have to use an Ike's image to be in with a chance at a prize. I have based my card around an Irn Bru advert! For those of you non-Scots reading, Irn Bru is a very orange coloured fizzy caffienated soft drink and the company is famed for its tongue in cheek advertising - here is the very advert -







So I had the slogan in my head 'Cheer up Goth, it's Christmas!' And this is what happened!

I used lots of black and purple pearlescent paper, I cut frames, flourishes and snowflakes, layered everything up with the Vaguely Goth image coloured with Promarkers. I printed the sentiment off the computer and popped in on 3D foam. The edges of the white card are inked with Dusty Concord and Black Soot Distress ink using a blending tool.


Now to find a sullen Goth type to give it to! hahaha

I do hope that all of you reading this take it in the context that its meant - a bit of fun and laughter, not at all meant to offend! I was that sullen Goth teen and she's still in here somewhere! Bah humbug!

Mo xxx





11 comments:

  1. I really love this card! the way you have coloured Ike's image is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with us at IKE's World Challenges xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colouring of Ike's image.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the image and colours. You have amazed me again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful, Mo! That ad is a total hoot. Love this! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous coloring and design Maureen. I really love your post. You did a wonderful job of highlighting Ike's blog and challenge. I know she would really appreciate how you have told your audience all the details! Your frame on your picture is so beautiful. It just offsets the picture so nicely. Thanks for entering Ike's World Challenge and see you again. Souldfully Yours, Samara DT Ikes World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen, this is gorgeous. Just the colors and sooo perfect is that saying for this goth girl. Beautiful outcome and just an awesome card. Thanks for playing along at Ike's World Challenges, Shoni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Maureen, love the colours you have used, so in keeping with Ike's image. A really great winter themed creation :) :) :) Hugs Jane IKEsWORLD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME - she looks gorgeous on there and I am so in LUV with your amazing snowflake cut outs :-D The card is very pretty and it's very clever how you reflected the Irn Bru ad :-D I had that once and I loved it :-D
    Wonderful to have you playing along with us this time :-0

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. this ad is scary !!! and your card is awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup that's just perfect for our challenge! Just the right sense of humor for it as well!!! Love the details on your card and how you have used the slogan for this card.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Ike’s world challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete