JellyPages.com

Followers

Friday 8 February 2013

A double easel! First attempt!

Some of you might have noticed my white blank double easel card on the table in this week's WOYWW... well, last night i decorated it! I was inspired by a post on the Craftwork Cards blog showing a bobbin shaped board book done up with a sewing theme.

I dug out my Shabby Vintage Goody Bag from Craftwork Cards and a set of clear stamps that came with a Cardmaking and Papercraft issue a few months back and my trusty black StazOn.


I stamped some of the images onto the background papers - both plain and patterned - and then stamped the bobbin, scissors and tape measure onto kraft card, these were cut out and adhered with foam pads. 


The mannequin was also from the Shabby Vintage goody bag, coloured with Worn Lipstick distress ink with a bit of gold perfect pearls for a sheen - that you cant quite see!

Burgandy organza and a feather finish the first panel along with a smattering of Rock Candy distress Stickles.

The second panel has a CWC birthday message and gold frame tinted with the Worn Lipstick to match and faux black stitching around the card.

Matching papers and ribbon decorate the inside and the panels are held up with card Candi.

This is my first attempt at a double easel and i pretty much just went with it and didnt look at measurements or templates. I think next time i will plan my folds more carefully - i think even pushing the candi back abit so the panels stand prouder might help too.

Overall, i'm happy with the design, hope you like it too!
Mo xxx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Maureen x
    Lovin how you've coordinated all your different stash!
    Your colours are sooo pretty and WoWzer stamping x
    Thanks for sharing x
    Huggles
    Kxoxo

    ReplyDelete